Which crop is grown on every continent except Antarctica?
A world traveler could find corn growing on every continent, except Antarctica. Corn is one of the most versatile crops around the world. It is an ingredient in many of our favorite meals and is an important source for livestock feed. Corn is also a renewable, environmentally-friendly source of fuel in the form of ethanol. Corn boosts the world economy through exports of the world’s corn and corn products. It is also used as a bio-based, renewable source for industrial products such as bioplastics. Source: IowaCorn.org
Antarctica, the southernmost continent and site of the South Pole, is a virtually uninhabited, ice-covered landmass. Most cruises to the continent visit the Antarctic Peninsula, which stretches toward South America. It’s known for the Lemaire Channel and Paradise Harbor, striking, iceberg-flanked passageways, and Port Lockroy, a former British research station turned museum. The peninsula’s isolated terrain also shelters rich wildlife, including many penguins.
Area: 14 million km²
Population density: 0.00008/km2 (0.0002/sq mi)
Largest cities: Research stations in Antarctica
Maize, also known as corn, is a cereal grain first domesticated by indigenous peoples in southern Mexico about 10,000 years ago. Wikipedia
Wikipedia based search results
- Cornell University ( kor-NEL) is a private and statutory Ivy League research university located in Ithaca, New York.
Cornwall (; Cornish: Kernow [ˈkɛrnɔʊ]) is a county in South West England in the United Kingdom. The county is bordered to the north and west by the Celtic Sea, to the south by the English Channel, and to the east by the county of Devon, over the River Tamar which forms most of the border between them.
Twitter based search results
- Georgia Moon
- ガキの落書き😁 https://t.co/MZYHlWxaLa
- virender rana
- RT @NobelPrize: Barbara McClintock is the only woman to be awarded an unshared Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
By studying heredita…
- hendrik kerkhofs
- @GardnerKatyg8 @BradPeel3 @FarmChicJodi @AtlantaAgCurt @BootscootinGMaw @thekbaldwin @IHboog @HaesenAnita… https://t.co/fm09d42L8x
- RT @taeyongsveins: omg nct wouldn’t exist in like, 1832 bc technology wasn’t a thing back then. they’d be called neo culture corn-churner o…
- RT @ehjovan: MY GRANDMA SAID SHE HAD TO WIPE HER ASS WITH CORN ON THE COB AS A CHILD IM SCREAMING WHAT IS THE SOUTH