Which of these famous aviators promoted their own line of luggage?
– Amelia Earhart
– Howard Hughes
– Chesley Sullenberger
– Wilbur Wright
Answer: Amelia Earhart is probably the most famous female pilot in aviation history, an accolade due both to her aviation career and to her mysterious disappearance. Famed aviator Amelia Earhart needed money to finance her flying, and product endorsements provided a way. Introduced in 1933, the Amelia Earhart luggage line was marketed as “real aeroplane” luggage which was sturdy and lightweight.
Although she didn’t design the luggage, she did approve its construction and insisted that it be well-made. It sold well for decades, long after her 1937 disappearance attempting an around-the-world flight. The luggage also featured an Amelia Earhart luggage key, prompting some people to believe they possessed her “personal” aircraft or suitcase key. Although the Baltimore Luggage Company is out of business, vintage Earhart luggage can still be found online.
Amelia Mary Earhart was an American aviation pioneer and author. Earhart was the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. She received the United States Distinguished Flying Cross for this accomplishment.
Born: 24 July 1897, Atchison, Kansas, United States
Full name: Amelia Mary Earhart
Disappeared: July 2, 1937 (aged 39); Pacific Ocean, en route to Howland Island from Lae, Papua New Guinea
Education: Hyde Park Academy High School (1916), MORE
The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
Adventure is worthwhile in itself.
Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.
Wikipedia based search results
- Amelia Earhart
- Amelia Mary Earhart (, born July 24, 1897; disappeared July 2, 1937) was an American aviation pioneer and author.
Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence is a 2017 documentary by The History Channel that purported to have new evidence supporting the Japanese capture hypothesis of the disappearance of Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan.
Amelia Earhart is a 1976 American three-hour made-for-television biographical film starring Susan Clark and John Forsythe and directed by George Schaefer.
Twitter based search results
- Amelia Rose Earhart
- Feeling foggy on this early Wed morning? There’s a reason… but *only* for folks waking up near Larkspur and Monum… https://t.co/IFjbmWS7Db
- Isabel Thomas
- RT @LKPChildrens: Hurrah! @DaliaAdillon has been shortlisted for an @theaoi Illustration Award for the gorgeous Amelia Earhart: Little Guid…
- Amelia Rose Earhart
- For a dinosaur that doesn’t say much, he sure did get a good laugh out of me. 🤣 Today is #9news Weather & Science D… https://t.co/gF8mYYhrnK
- @Denver7Traffic @KOAJetcopter @Amelia__Earhart @AndreaFloresTV @KenClarkTV @SamBoik Foggy conditions along I-25 be… https://t.co/IZOF5JRO7t
- Nikki McMillan
- Dunno how my day has managed to turn to taking a holiday from work and lying on my maws couch rough as a dug watchi… https://t.co/sXN0jwJ7co